New COVID Protocols
Starting Monday May 10th, 2021
We would like to thank all of you for your cooperation and support during the pandemic and call upon your patience and understanding during this next phase. The golf industry knows that we are fortunate to remain open and we will do everything we can to be compliant and stay open. The government of Alberta has announced that "all outdoor sport and recreation activities are prohibited, except with members of your own household, or your two close contacts if you live alone." For at least the next three weeks, golf has been included in this category and will be enforced in the high case areas, of which Red Deer County lies.
We will need to make some drastic changes to how we operate over the next three weeks. We also have to do what we can to make it viable for our business to stay open. With greatly restricted tee time inventory, we have to implement the following policies:
- Tee times will be restricted to a maximum of two players and will be spaced a bit closer together.
- We will only be booking NINE HOLES off the front and back nines.
- Golfers will be limited to ONE of these bookings a day as our capacity is dropping drastically. If you have finished your nine hole round and wish to play another nine, if there happens to be an open time, we will allow you that time but it can't be pre-booked.
- We will be fully compliant on checking that people are from the same household or if the player is single that they play only with their two designated contacts.
- If you are late for your tee time, you will lose your spot.
- Leagues will be suspended for the time these restrictions are in place.
- Online booking will be stopped temporarily so we have an opportunity to communicate the protocols to players.
- The number of days per week that pass holders can play will not be restricted at this time but is an option if needed.
- Power carts will be available on a first come first served basis. We only have 45 carts and bringing more in at this time is not an option. We cannot guarantee that carts will be available for every tee time.
- These new rules will apply to everyone regardless of their vaccination status.
This is our plan. If this doesn't work, we will make adjustments.
Please, respect the fact that we are doing everything we can to operate under these new rules and please be co-operative. Your team at Balmoral is only doing what is required of us by government protocol and therefore disrespectful or argumentative behavior will not be tolerated. It is our hope that if we follow these rules, and the COVID numbers drop, that we will only have to endure this for three weeks, and we can get back to golfing with our friends. We thank you for your cooperation and support during these uncharted times.